The Esplanade is located in the Historic Meridian Park Historic District (HMP) bounded by 30th to 34th streets and Pennsylvania St. to Washington Boulevard. HMP is one of several smaller neighborhoods within the greater Mapleton Fall Creek neighborhood encompassing the area between Fall Creek, 38th Street, and Meridian Street.
HMP is a great place to call home and raise a family. As we all say, “folks come for the houses but stay for the people and friends”. The HMP Neighborhood Association and Mapleton-Fall Creek Development Corporation have worked diligently to market and restore homes in the area.
The Children’s Museum, Ivy Tech Community College campus, Trinity and St. Richard’s school are just a few of the strong, long-term neighborhood supporters.
The Esplanade is centrally located with access to the best Indianapolis attractions:
- Broadripple and Mass. Ave. nightlife
- Children’s Museum – 2 blocks away (FREE memberships available through TCM neighborhood programs)
- Methodist & Wishard hospitals
- IU Medical Center
- Butler Campus / Clowes Hall
- Canal Walk
- Old National Centre – Murat Theatre
- Marian College
- Footlite Musicals
- Phoenix Theatre
- Victory Field
- Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- Lucas Oil Stadium
- Circle Center Mall
- Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis Museum of Art (IMA) and 100 Acres (Newfields)
- Monument Circle
- Monon Trail
- Fall Creek Greenway
- And much more